Small Enterprises (EMEs)
Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs) refer to all organisations that have the following ranges or are start-ups where the business has been registered in the prior 12 months:
Affidavits & Authentication Letter
The Revised BBBEE Codes do not allow any BBBEE Verification Agency, Auditor or Accountant to issue a BEE certificate for companies that are EMEs on this new legislation – only sworn affidavits are allowed. We are continuing to do EME certificates only for Sector Codes that have not been updated yet. Contact us on email@example.com for the application form or more information.
- 100% black-owned – Level 1
- 51 to 100% black-owned – Level 2
- <51% black-owned – Level 4. Should these companies wish to potentially score better, they can opt to be assessed as a QSE.
Specialised enterprises that cannot have the Ownership element assessed eg Higher Education, Non-Profit Companies, State-owned Entities, etc receive enhanced recognition due to the % beneficiaries that benefit:
- >75% black beneficiaries – Level 1
- 51 to 75% black beneficiaries – Level 2
- <51% black beneficiaries – Level 4. Should these companies wish to potentially score better, they can opt to be assessed on the Adjusted QSE Scorecard